Money shortfall between ebay & Paypal!

rogereye
Contributor
Contributor

Each of my last three sales produced emails from ebay telling me that I had sold for £x and ebay had received £x plus £y for postage from the buyer.  When I go to confirm that these amounts have been received by Paypal, the amounts that they have listed as received are all less than £x + £y!!

There's been no currency exchange  -  the buyers all paid in £ Sterling and Paypal lists the amounts the same.  It's too soon for Paypal to take their cut, so why would this happen?   I naturally contacted them to ask this and received a computer generated response of answers that were totally irrelevant.   The email stated "...if none of these answers help you, reply, using the reply button, re-stating your problem...".  I did this and have never heard from them since.

It's not a fixed percentage  -  eg. on a sale of £141 + p&p £6.50  ebay states they received £147.50 / Paypal indicates £141.55

Another of £4.50 (with no p&p) / Paypal indicates £4.28 !      Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes unfortunately they do.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your ebay fee is invoiced every month and paid from your paypal account monthly.

Your paypal fee of 3.4% + 20p is deducted directly from your buyers payment and then the remainder is credited to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rogereye
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.   It's a pity Paypal couldn't be bothered to explain!

I'd forgotten that Paypal & ebay both take a cut.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes unfortunately they do.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.