Money sent Business instead of Friends/Family

muzzirenti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

Im new so im a bit clueless.  I have been sent money from the USA and the sender accidentally sent it via Business instead of friends/family. 

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to appear on your paypal account?  as they have said they have sent the money and have checked the email address is correct.

Thanks
Murray

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Payments appear on your paypal account more or less instantly, even if pending they will still show on your paypal account but have pending by it.

Did the sender send in sterling or dollars and if the latter then can your paypal account accept dollars??

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

muzzirenti
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply The money was sent in dollars, I believe I can receive dollars as I can send them. How would I check if I can or not? Thanks Murray
Login to Me Too

muzzirenti
Contributor
Contributor
Just an update I didn't have the option that I could recieve dollars on but I have changed it now. Would I have to ask for the funds to be resent?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not unless it showed as unclaimed in your senders paypal account and they cancelled the payment as they thought it was not going through, i would check with them first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

muzzirenti
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't actully received a message asking me to accept the cash so I think it will be sitting as unclaimed. Do you think this might be an indication that it's has not been sent it to the wrong address Sorry if I'm being a pain but I do appreciate you taking your time to help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to ask the person that sent the money what it says in THERE paypal account.

Unclaimed with or without a cancel option OR completed..

Until we know what it says we can't guess.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.