Money on hold

MustangJohnny
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold a set of alloy wheels through eBay and the buyer paid through PayPal on 5/11, he collected the wheels and has left positive feedback, but my money is still on hold sixteen days later. It's being suggested that it's because I am a business. I do have a business (which has its own eBay shop), but this is my personal eBay account and my own personal items that I am selling. How much longer will I have to wait for my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MustangJohnny

You are a seller so you are subject to the new seller Ebay hold, (business or not every seller goes through it).

Normally funds are released when a tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

However as you can't provide a tracking number than you have to wait the full 21 days unfortunately.

But equally as you can't provide a tracking number then you have no seller protection and your buyer can file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and get his money back if he chose to.

That is because there is no seller protection on items that are personally collected or delivered. This is why Ebay allow you to refuse Paypal on those auctions and you can list 'cash on collection only', if someone did pay with paypal you just refund them and tell them to bring cash when they collect.

That way you would now have cash in hand / instantly / no risk of a dispute / no waiting 21 days / no paypal fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MustangJohnny

You are a seller so you are subject to the new seller Ebay hold, (business or not every seller goes through it).

Normally funds are released when a tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

However as you can't provide a tracking number than you have to wait the full 21 days unfortunately.

But equally as you can't provide a tracking number then you have no seller protection and your buyer can file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and get his money back if he chose to.

That is because there is no seller protection on items that are personally collected or delivered. This is why Ebay allow you to refuse Paypal on those auctions and you can list 'cash on collection only', if someone did pay with paypal you just refund them and tell them to bring cash when they collect.

That way you would now have cash in hand / instantly / no risk of a dispute / no waiting 21 days / no paypal fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MustangJohnny
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. So will my money become available on the 21st day after the transaction took place then?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MustangJohnny

Yes and i think its normally at the time the buyer paid on that day.

Next time go for cash on collection   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.