Missing transaction / money

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I hope someone could help me . I sold two items on eBay , buyers paid by paypal items were sent all good until I checked my paypal account and nothing there not even anything in recent history of any transaction . My eBay account shows payments were received so I am left wondering where my money is ? Thank you in advance for any help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hi , Situation resolved , I did have to call and speak to a number of paypal representatives ....... But I now have my money in my new account and my old account closed down . Thank you very much for your help and advice , I very much appreciate it . Many thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thank you for getting back to me. My last payment out of my paypal account was on 16th June . My new eBay sales were completed on the 23rd and they don't show up at all on my paypal account but payments show on my eBay account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then can you do this next >>>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I checked my email and yes it was wrong , I didn't change it as I'm not sure if that would be correct . My daughter listed some items for me and added a ( . ) where there wasn't one ! . What should I do now ? Thank you for your help so far Regards
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to contact your buyer/s and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hi , I have been trying to sort this out and even called there help line . I have found out that my original paypal account was opened with this email address although I changed my email address some years ago I still have that account on pay pal trouble is I can't remember my pass word and can't request a new one as I don't have that email address anymore ( nightmare ) the man I spoke to tried to take me step by step to access my account I thought I had at one point great fully said good bye only to find I hadn't !!!!!!! I am so sorry to bother you I'm utterly rubbish .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you don't own that email addy anymore and its on an old paypal account then if you did not close that account try using the "lost password" function to re-access the account > send the money to your new account and then close the old account down again.

If not then you will need to use the 1/2/3/ options in my previous post and liase to sort it with your buyers.

It is important to know what it says next to the transaction in THEIR paypal accounts and then I may be able to help you more.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Sore-feet ,

I’m very sorry you can’t access your old PayPal account.

If the advice provided by kernowlass won’t allow changing your password, please contact us directly via Social Media as we may be able to transfer funds for you onto your current PayPal account.

As kernowlass rightly said, if your buyer has an option to cancel that payment in his transaction details he can do so right away.

In that scenario you will be able to call our Customer Service and ask for your old PayPal account to be closed over the phone.

You have a few options when trying to contact customer services. You can call or send an email through the Contact Us page on PayPal. You can also contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can assist you with any queries that you have.

Hope it helps

Anna

Login to Me Too
Solved

Sore-feet
Contributor
Contributor
Hi , Situation resolved , I did have to call and speak to a number of paypal representatives ....... But I now have my money in my new account and my old account closed down . Thank you very much for your help and advice , I very much appreciate it . Many thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.