Made a payment with PayPal that's "completed" but It hasn't left my bank account?

Dazzaness
New Community Member

Hello everyone

I recently made a transaction through PayPal and it's showing as "completed" on my PayPal account. However, it's been two days and it has not been ackloweleged by my bank account (I had no funds in PayPal). What's concerning me is that my "available funds" in my bank account aren't showing it. Usually when I make a PayPal transaction it takes a few days for it to appear in my statement and actually be taken from my bank account balance, by it's acknowleded immediatly in my available funds, so I'm a little concerned why this hasn't happened this time. I can't get in touch with the person I sent the money to either right now so I can't check anything with them. Does this sound like some of problem or is it normal?

Thanks for your time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dazzaness

When you pay a seller its never instant, paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

If the transaction is marked as completed then your seller has been paid. The funds can leave your bank account from 2 hours up to 3 days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.