Jasmine Morgan

Addacot
New Community Member

Hello,

By the looks of this forum I was right and glad that I did not, eventually, trust a person going under the name of Jasmine Morgan from Nigeria.

I have recieved the fake Paypal messages regarding sent payment but which will not be released into my Paypal account until I have first payed £85 for shipment, £85 for a telescope is way too much and it was this which made me initially suspicious.

However, I have sent them my name and home address and email address (but surely that would already have this?), what I am asking is am I now safe?

Could they use my name, home address and/or email address for any dodgy doings?

Sould I simply change all my passwords?

Or am I safe as long as they know that I know that I'm on to them?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Could they use my name, home address and/or email address for any dodgy doings?

Yes, it's quite possible and just not thru PayPal.

As for your PayPal Account, it would be a good idea to change your password, security questions and also possibly your email address.

Login to Me Too

landwy
New Community Member

I too have received this correspondance from Jasmine.

Having decided it was a scam I did nothing but I now have received a threatening email allegely from PayPal threastening Legal Action for breaching an agreement.

Surely the PayPal people need to do something about this scam as I could see why others might pay up not realising what was going on.

Login to Me Too

gg257
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the same thing happened to me too very recently. Offered to pay me more than required, asked for shipping fee then would refund and release the monies to me, when i raised concerns, was then sent a email saying paypal was threatening legal action. Hey, is this crazy!!!!! I havent sold the goods to this character , havent received any money and don't want any money not even a million dollars from this character! Paypal says it is a case of phising which we are have been involved in!!

Login to Me Too

paul4168
New Community Member

Hey I just had the very same issue. But I smelled a rat! Why on earth would anyone choose to pay more than the listed price? Then asking for my address and Paypal details just triggered alarm bells. I'm so glad I then decided to Google the name and found this. Lucky escape, something needs to be done. My final response to her this very day was to tell her that the item in question had be sold and that she was too late. Yet to see what her response will be.

Login to Me Too

tednmorgan
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had an attempted scam via email re an item on Preloved, It appears to have been going a while and is well documented on various forums, fortunately I realised before going any further. I have found this site for reporting scams but not exactly sure what if anything they will do, but may be worth as many as possible reporting as they can close down the originating email accounts  -  http://www.actionfraud.police.uk

The wording is always the same and should alert peope not to go any further, always poor English and they offer more than item value.

Login to Me Too

Royineastbourne
New Community Member

Thank for for your comments saves me from having to deal with Jasmine Morgan any further. Found this forum on searching Google with Jasmine’s email address after getting suspicious to the lack of cooperation in giving me a telephone number. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Scooby84
Contributor
Contributor

Just had this email from Jasmine morgan  on friday-ad.co.uk. I have a mountain bike listed on there.

Seems so genuine for first 2 or 3 emails but then I decided to google the name and it's yet another poor hard working person who has to send an agent!. NO SHIPPING!

WINDUP TIME!!!!! 

Im playing along to see how far I can get before the 'transaction'! Just offered me an extra £30 on top of asking price but have told our friend Jasmine I need a release fee of 3 banners to get past the gorilla in front of my shed!

Don't be mad when you get these emails, HAVE FUN! They waste our time and effort, so waste as much of theirs as possible!

Only thing I would say is get a free email account that you can use for this. Dont give any details just play along until you cant go no further! 

My inspiration for this is Matt Allwright from BBC rouge traders. That guy is brilliant!

These people are parasites that should be shot!! 

Login to Me Too

annieg16
New Community Member

I just saved myself a lot of greif by searching for this person on google.  I got the fake Pay Pal email, the fake shipping co. email ( from Biffa ! )  and that I needed to send £90 to Western Union.  these people should be hung, drawn and quartered.  It wasted my time as the first few e,ails seemed genuine ( bad english however )  I also held off another buyer because I was being fair the the first person that contacted me !   Arrrgggggggg

Login to Me Too

Hostworks
New Community Member

This "Jasmin Morgan" character is out and about again.

New email address is morgan0005 [at] yopmail.net

Tried to cdontact me via UK based Friday-Ad posing as a buyer for an item I have listed.

Below is the Friday-Ad message:

Senders details: Jasmine
Tel: Senders details: Jasmine
Tel:
Email: morgan0005 [at] yopmail [dot] net

No proper name, no phone number, vague description of goods and a throw away email address........ STINKS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.