Is This scam or not?

roundsnip
Contributor
Contributor

Hello im selling a scooter and before 3 days one woman conected me via sms.She was asking if the bike is still for sale.She also said that if it is to write her an email via gmail.There she was asking for the price,condition and other things.Then she said to download viber because its more convinient.She also said that she laikes the scooter and she is serous buyer.After that asked about my paypal so she can send me the money($460) and said that there will be 5% charge.Today she send me $720-$200 for her agent to come and pick up the scooter and $520 for me.Then i got a gmail from PayPal saying this:

Заснема13не.PNG

after that another gmail:
 Засн1ем1ане.PNGЗа1снемане.PNG

after that another....: Заснемане.PNGЗасне1мане.PNG
she has also a photo on her gmail and she s from Kansas USA
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roundsnip

Can't read your gifs but yes it sounds like a scam, read this and see if it fits  >>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping the 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of motor vehicle.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roundsnip

Can't read your gifs but yes it sounds like a scam, read this and see if it fits  >>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping the 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of motor vehicle.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

roundsnip
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply .I knew that something is not right so i decided to ask the community

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.