I've sent a payment through family and friends. But they never received it?

francodimento
Contributor
Contributor

So basically i paid for an item normally, they sent a invoice to pay and i did so. But they instead wanted it through family and friends. So they cancelled the first payment and then i paid through family and friends, once i paid through family and friends i didn't receive any confirmation or anything it just went back to the summary page. The friends and family payment never has come up on the summary, but if he cancelled the payment, why would money leave my account? It's been five days since the payment was cancelled and i made the friends and family payment. I really need help here 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi francodimento,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Firstly, sending money for a purchase using the family and friend's option is something we highly recommend against. This helps the seller to avoid fees but it also means that you are not protected as a buyer. Family and friend's payments are just for people you know and never for buying.

In relation to the missing payment I recommend checking this with your bank. If you are not seeing it in your PayPal account history it is very likely that the payment didn't go through.

I hope this is useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.