I'm trying to use PayPal's conversion on Ebay but it won't charge me in USD

dalv
New Community Member

I'm buying several items from the UK site. Prices are shown in GBP. I have 2 options, get billed in GBP and let my bank convert the funds to USD or go with PayPal's conversion rates.

I've had some GBP billed by my bank before and its rates are just AWEFUL. So I want to get billed using PayPal's convertion. But when I choose PayPal's option it shows me the total in PEN (Peruvian New Sol) which is  my country's currency, but my bank account linked with my debit card is in USD. If I proceed this way, I'm going to pay PayPal's convertion from GBP to PEN and my bank's convertion from PEN to USD. How can I choose to go with PayPal's convertion but get the total converted to USD instead of PEN?

What I want: GBP > USD

What PayPal is doing: GBP > PEN > USD

You help is appreciated, thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Conor

Hi dalv,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

Happy to help you with this one.

When you add a credit card to your PayPal account, it is automatically registered as denominated in your local currency. This is our standard procedure as your card issuer does not inform us what the actual currency is.

As a result, I suspect you just need to contact us directly here so we update the currency of your card to USD rather than PEN. Once the currency is updated on our end, you'll no longer be charged in PEN, you see.

Would you consider contacting us by phone or through our other social media channels so we can help you here dalv?

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.