I have not received payment from won video contest

KassimJ
Contributor
Contributor

I won a video contest and I requested my prize to be paid via paypal. Yet a week later I still don't have my money or any sort of notification from paypal

Whats weird is that I have won another contest earlier this year with the same company [Zooppa] and I recieved the prize within 24 hours. 

Nothing has changed so I don't know where the problem is. I read about paypal holding the money up to 21 days but isn't that a seller-buyer thing? is it the same for prizes and money tranfer?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KassimJ

If it was the 21 day hold then the funds would still show in your paypal balance but would show as pending.

If you have not had an email to say you were paid OR the transaction is not in your history then the payment either has not been made or they have made a typo sending the payment to your email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KassimJ
Contributor
Contributor

I can double check on that but it is quite unlikely as I have recievd money from them without problem previously.

Could there be any other reason why this would happen?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KassimJ

Sorry can't think of anything but you could always email customer services to double check.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KassimJ
Contributor
Contributor

I'm contacting both the sender and paypal. I will get back to you and everyone else with updates

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.