How to send tracking number

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have send my item to The buyer. On my paypal account, it says there are money. I also recieved an email saying he transfered The money. I also recieved an email saying, I need to give my shipping information, tracking number for me to recieve The money. How do I do that? Where shall I enter The tracking number?
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the transaction is showing in your paypal account then click on the word "details" on that transaction and scroll down the page > you will see the option to enter a tracking number in there.

Also you can add it to your ebay auction as well via your my ebay if it was an ebay sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
There is not an option saying that. I send a money request, and it says pending, and now i need to give up The tracking information. But there is not an option for me to do it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh dear, hope you have not sent the item to Nigeria??

Are the funds showing in your paypal balance but on temp hold??

Are you a new seller??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
Oh yes. I've sent it to Nigeria. The payment are pending 😕
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry you have been scammed read this >>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL NIGERIAN SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
I have researched it, and Can see a lot of people have expirienced this. Why hasn't it been reported?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To whom???

Paypal cannot do anything as it is nothing to do with paypal and the transaction was not done via their site.

Any emails from "paypal" were not from paypal they were fake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amalienic
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i know, I did not mean reporting it to paypal, but to the police. For example, I have an adress and a name and an email adress. I think the other people who has experienced this also have that same information, so why haven't anybody reported it? Donno if you can answer, but I was just wondering 🙂 I'm one of the lucky ones, I called the post office right away, and my package haden't left my coumtry, so my item will be shipped back to me tomorrow 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good news did not think royal mail were allowed to do that. 

But doubt police can do anything re a scammer in Nigeria. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.