How to change conversion rates from too expensive to "bill me in the ..."

Venenum
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so first of all, I have got 2 questions:

1. How to change password on PayPal

2. i've been using PayPal over few years, and lately PayPal's been rising fees in "conversion", so i want to switch from PayPal's option of converting to "bill me in the currency ..." so that my bank convert, which costs me about 5$-10$ less per purchase.

I have been on help pages, but there is just nowhere to click at

(screenshot on the link below, I put the red rectangle where it's supposed to be)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XLwNdW-wOfaG9oMlNoVEg3a0E/edit

From paypal help pages. >>

If a currency conversion is needed for your payment, we'll use a retail exchange rate. The retail exchange rate (set by an outside financial institution) is our wholesale cost of foreign currency plus a currency conversion fee. This fee depends on the currency you are converting into. See the 'Additional Fees' section of the User Agreement for details.

Keep in mind that some of the rates quoted in the media are the inter-bank rates that are available only to the largest international banks, which purchase currencies in quantities of US $1,000,000 or more. A more applicable comparison for consumers is the exchange rates quoted at airports or other consumer currency exchange shops.

Here's how to view our exchange rates:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Select My Money.
  4. In the 'PayPal balance' section, click Currencies and follow the instructions in the ‘Currency Exchange’ box.
  • If funds are transferred from one balance to another in an account, the exchange rate will be calculated and presented during the conversion
  • If a payment includes currency conversion, the exchange rate will be calculated and presented in the Send Money flow
  • Refunds are performed using the exchange rate which was current at the time of the original payment.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Be careful if you respond, if you don't post what the OP wants to hear even though you are trying to help you will get called abusive names with no apology.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/I-want-to-avoid-PayPal-s-too-expensi...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Venenum
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

Be careful if you respond, if you don't post what the OP wants to hear even though you are trying to help you will get called abusive names with no apology.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/I-want-to-avoid-PayPal-s-too-expensi...

I apologize for calling u spambot, although the explanation really seemed like it was not thorough and detailed help. 

And I do aplogise for being rude, I hope the apology can be accepted and we can continue with normal conversation ?

and I real;y did think it was just computer generated answer, as I had my share of experiences with those, sorry once again, my mistake

Login to Me Too

foundirish
That is a wonderful comment

*******Keep in mind that some of the rates quoted in the media are the inter-bank rates that are available only to the largest international banks, which purchase currencies in quantities of US $1,000,000 or more. A more applicable comparison for consumers is the exchange rates quoted at airports or other consumer currency exchange shops.*********

Is it just me think paypal is one of the biggest online payment company with millions of online tranactions every day
in many different currencies and a huge amount of cross border and they have to rely on the guys at the airport to help with there currency exchange , because the bosses dont understand how to get a discount ???

I hope this doesnt spread to other big companies like google .... the search doesnt work anymore ,because your pcs are old and slow and we dont know how to up date them !!!

Stop rip off , or we many stop using you !!!!!

Remmeber  nokia , blackberry ,yahoo .... all big names once 

Ebay ,paypal , amazon , all have high fee , and all seller looking for somewhere new .... Stop the rip offs or we will go 

Login to Me Too

Eolo
New Community Member

Hey Paypal, STOP these abusive exchange rate practices. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.