How much will I be charged?

RustyMc
Contributor
Contributor

I am paying for a holiday villa in the US and the renter requests to use paypal.  I have an account as do they.  I have their email account to pay but wondered how much the fees will be (got little confused when looking over the fees).

The total purchase will be $1673.  My account is in pounds so I guess I will get charged a conversion fee? Are there any other fees I will encounter?

My credit card I have linked to my account gives me a good exchange rate with no fees, could I link the transaction direct to me card so no fees are encountered?

Russ

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi RustyMc,

Yes, that's about right.

However, we'll display a full breakdown of the conversion before you choose to complete your payment.

I hope that helps RustyMc and have a great weekend Smiley Happy

Conor

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Arda

Hi RustyMc,

Welcome to PayPal UK community page.

It's free to use your PayPal balance, bank account or debit card to send a personal payment if no currency conversion is involved. It's also free to use PayPal to buy something, unless it involves a currency conversion.

We charge fees when:

•    You receive a payment for a sale. The fee depends on how much you sell, so the more you sell, the less you pay.
•    You send a personal payment using a credit card

Additional fees apply for currency conversion and cross-border payments.

Separate pricing structures exist for not-for-profit organisations, Micropayments and PayPal Heretm . For further details, visit our Fees page. Go to www.paypal.co.uk, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Fees.

Here’s how to view fees applied to a particular payment:

1.    Click Activity and locate the payment.
2.    Select the payment to open the 'Transactions Details' page.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!
Arda

Login to Me Too

RustyMc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Arda

Just to confirm then, if I send $1673 from my paypal balance to the recipient in the US from the myself in the UK I would be charged 1% cross border fee plus 3% conversation fee? so in effect an additional $67?

Havent sent payment yet so cant check out what the fees were, just trying to work out up front how much extra I will pay.

Russ

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi RustyMc,

Yes, that's about right.

However, we'll display a full breakdown of the conversion before you choose to complete your payment.

I hope that helps RustyMc and have a great weekend Smiley Happy

Conor

Login to Me Too

RustyMc
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent thanks for the clarification 🙂

Also ideal I can see a breakdown before payment I wasnt sure about it.

Russ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.