How does someone pay money into my PayPal account

Bryan11
New Community Member
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Intars

Hi Bryan11,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Receiving money with PayPal is easy!

All you need is a PayPal account with a confirmed email address.

Your email address is the only thing somebody needs to send you money. As soon as the payment has been credited to your PayPal account, we will notify you by email. You may then withdraw the funds to your bank account straight away or keep the money in your PayPal account to use for future payments.

All your transactions are stored in your account History, so you can keep track of them.

Here are a few examples of how you can receive payments:

• Your buyer pays for an item via eBay. In this case, we will send the payment to the email address that you have indicated in the eBay listing.
  • Your buyer sends you money directly from their PayPal account. Here, they can enter the email address, the amount and the reason for payment.
  • Send a money request to your buyer from your PayPal account. Your buyer can then pay this money request.
  • Incorporate PayPal on your website. Buyers can then send payments to you using the PayPal button on your website.

When you receive a payment, you are automatically notified by email. The email contains the payment details and the name, email address and postal address of the sender (if applicable).

Intars

Login to Me Too

asp9990
Contributor
Contributor
When receiving payments via PayPal does the payee have to have a PayPal account too.

I need to give instructions on how someone sends me money via PayPal and I don't thing they have a PayPal account!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Asp9990, 

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to inform you that the sender would also need to have a PayPal account. It is not possible to send a payment to you without the sender using PayPal. We do offer our service in loads of countries so maybe the sender can open a PayPal account in order for you to receive the money. 

I hope this helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.