Have i been charged twice ?

TKdaboi
New Community Member

I needed to make a payment to airbnb. But i thought u need to put money into your paypal account first before making the payment, so i did. However, i made the payment the same day on airbnb with the same money as i soon realised that paypal will take the money from my account (without me having to deposit)  and give it straight to airbnb. However, The money i deposit i tried to deposit paypal earlier is no longer there but paypal deemed the transaction unsucessful but does that they'll charge me my bank account for not having the money that i requested because im getting mails from my bank

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi TKdaboi,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like the money for the payment you sent was debited from your bank after you also initiated a separate transfer for this amount from the bank. In a case like this, we would debit the money from your bank immediately. If there will be insufficient funds to take from your bank, the 'Add funds'  transaction that was initiated will simply fail, and bounce back to your bank.

I hope this information helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions at all 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.