Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been charged twice ?

Options
Nidah
Contributor
Posted on

Hi 

I'm a bit confused with what has happened. So I've bought 5-6 items from ebay in the past using my paypal account (my account always had sufficient amount). 

The latest time I purchased an item and received an email saying your echeque payment is in progress, which I thought was odd because I had sufficient money in my paypal account for the item. Anyway I waited a few days, then I received another email saying your echeque payment cleared. Then I noticed that money was drawn out of my bank account for that amount.

I got another email saying the item has been posted. I received the item. Then today I checked my paypal account it seems like money has been taken out of there as well. How could this happen? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Options
PayPal_Conor

Hi Nidah,

I think I can explain what's happened hereSmiley Happy

An eCheque is much like a paper cheque and usually takes a couple of days to clear.

eCheques are always funded by your bank but because of the time delay involved, the entries in the history section of your PayPal account can some times be a little unclear.

If you check with your bank, you'll find only one Payment has been taken, as your PayPal balance will never be charged for an eCheque payment.

To prevent your payments going as eCheques, it's best to add a valid card to your account as a back-up funding source.

We'd be happy to take a closer look at this though through other social media channels if you're still a little unsure? 

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

I hope that helps Nidah,

Conor

Options
Nidah
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for replying to me.

I'm still a little confused. After the echeque cleared and I received my item. My paypal balance was decreased from $18.55 to $9.05 (the item was $9.50). However, I thought I was already charged through echeque (the bank statement also shows that theres been a debit of $9.50.

Options
PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Nidah,

Please click on 'history' and then click 'All activity (with balance)', you will see a breakdown of everything that was charged in the timeframe specified. Any other payments you have made in this time may have been charged to your balance. 

If you are still unsure I would suggest contacting PayPal directly though the 'contact us' link on your account, from here we can discuss specific account details.

Let us know how you get on! 

Siobhan 

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.