GumTree Ticket Protection

Verity1a
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy some tickets on GumTree, the person seems pretty legit as far as I can tell. But obvously I'm aware that scammers are getting good at this.

I've read through the PayPal protection plan and it looks like I'm covered, the problem is the gig isn't until June so tickets haven't been dispatched via Ticketmaster yet and might not arrive to the seller until a few weeks before.

Will I be protected if I pay through PayPal for this amount of time? Or is there a time limit I have to claim within? 

It's £100 being transferred so quite a bit to lose.

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Verity1a,

Welcome to the Community!

I can understand your concern with purchasing something for an event that isn't taking place until June.

If you are a customer based within the UK, you are covered for up to 180 days from when you make a purchase.

If you were to make a payment for the tickets, you can try to calculate 180 days from the date of purchase and once that's after the concert is due to take place, you should be fully covered in the event of you not receiving the tickets or if the tickets don't get you into the event.

I hope this helps,

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Verity1a,

Welcome to the Community!

I can understand your concern with purchasing something for an event that isn't taking place until June.

If you are a customer based within the UK, you are covered for up to 180 days from when you make a purchase.

If you were to make a payment for the tickets, you can try to calculate 180 days from the date of purchase and once that's after the concert is due to take place, you should be fully covered in the event of you not receiving the tickets or if the tickets don't get you into the event.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Verity1a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

That's fantastic, thanks so much for clarifying!

Verity 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.