Gift Automatically Refunding?

Devoided
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a friend of mine a gift, and the money has been removed from my checking account, but he says he hasn't recieved the payment and got a message that the payment is refunding. He sent me a screen cap, and in the Details section of the transaction it says: "Payment will be refunded within 24 hours. Payment will not be applied to your account." Has anyone else had this happen, and if so what's the cause? I've never had this happen when sending gifts before, so I'm curious if it really is an issue or if my buddy's trying to hustle me for some more cash.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Devoided

If the payment status is completed in your acc and the email address is your friends and is100% correct then he has received it

Ppal do not send messages worded like that "payment refunded within 24 hours" etc.

If the payment is refunded you will see the reversal in your ppal acc and receive an email from ppal

Did the email address u as Dear Full name?

In my opinion u are being hustled?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Devoided!

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I understand that this can be confusing. In this case, I would advise you to review your account history and the payment details. If the status shows as completed, then the funds were credited to the PayPal account linked to the email address you entered. In the event that a refund was initiated, the status of the transaction would have changed to display that.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.