Funds 'on hold' for over 21 days

JackS1992
Contributor
Contributor

Have been trading on Ebay for around 10 years but decided to make a new seperate account that I wanted to start selling different things on. The first item I listed I unfortunately forgot to change the method of payment to my old Paypal address so the person who bought the item made a payment to the new email address I used to sign up with for this new Ebay account. So I log into this new Paypal account and it tells me my funds are on hold for up to 21 days. Makes sense as this was technically the first thing I'd sold and Ebay/Paypal just want to make sure I'm legit. So I send the item, its received fine. Buyer leaves good feedback. No problems with the transaction. The original sale date was February 12th and it is now March 3rd, so its been over 21 days and yet my funds are still 'On Hold' in the account. When I look on Ebay it says the funds should've been available on the 23rd February. But when I go on Paypal it just says 'Try Later' when I click funds availability. The only explanation I can think of is that I haven't added any card details to this new Paypal account. But thats because I only have one debit card and I use that for my other Paypal account. Do you have to have a card on your account to be able to receive/send money? I thought you could use Paypal without one? All I want to do is just receive the funds so I can send them back to my main account through friends and family and never use this account again.

TL: DR I've had funds on a new paypal account on hold for over 21 days after selling my 1st item on a new ebay account. The transaction went down fine with both parties leaving positive feedback. I cannot add a card to this new Paypal account as I only own one debit card which is linked to my other primary paypal account. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.