Funds disappeared when added debit cards

alv-c
Contributor
Contributor

I recently added two debit cards to my Paypal account.

Before doing that I had around $3 but since I linked my other cards the funds I had just disappeared. I cannot see it and I can't even try to withdraw the money since it says I have no funds.

I don't know what happened

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi alv-c and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

That sounds a little strange as we would not take funds off your PayPal balance when adding a card. The only thing I can think of is  that you sent a payment once your cards were added. If so then it would of used your PayPal balance first and requested the remaining amount from your card. For example, if you bought something for £10.00GBP and already had £3.00GBP on your PayPal balance we would use this and request the remaining amount which would be £7.00GBP from your card. 

I would recommend to check your recent transactions to see if this is what happened. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi alv-c and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

That sounds a little strange as we would not take funds off your PayPal balance when adding a card. The only thing I can think of is  that you sent a payment once your cards were added. If so then it would of used your PayPal balance first and requested the remaining amount from your card. For example, if you bought something for £10.00GBP and already had £3.00GBP on your PayPal balance we would use this and request the remaining amount which would be £7.00GBP from your card. 

I would recommend to check your recent transactions to see if this is what happened. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.