Fraud Email

Jaguon
Contributor
Contributor

I am a brand new papyal user and i just created an account because the person buying my laptop asked to use paypal. The scenario is since i am a brand new account holder i have to send a money gram in order to recieve payment. Furthermore i have to upgrade to a business status to my account and then send a money gram. I am selling my latptop for $900.00 dollars. When i do send the money gram with a value of $600.00 i will be refunded that $600.00 and be rwarded for that $900.00 for the sell of the laptop. Is this a scam pleae help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaguon

YES ITS A SCAM.

You really need to read up on seller protection before you start to sell.

And be VERY careful selling high cost items, personally it would be far better if you sold locally ''cash on collection''.

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.