First time paypal user: My Payment/money is still Pending, Help!

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am a first time paypal user, although my account was made a year ago already. I'm working as a freelance software developer and my client paid me a certain amount an hour ago. My question is: why is that Paypal sees the payment as if it's an order? Does this screenshot mean that the client can take away the payment? What steps can I do? Add tracking info (I think not) ? Or should I just wait, if so how many days? thanks DR.

dr.png

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drcustodio21

What do you mean ''see it as an order''??  It is an order for a purchase is it not?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

I mean, Paypal sees the payment as a payment for an order, as if the person who sent me the money is waiting for the item first before I will be to withdraw the money.

Login to Me Too

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassdo I just have to wait?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drcustodio21

Sounds like the new seller hold, funds are normally released more quickly if you send trackable but you may have to wait a bit longer as you don't have an item to send.

As long as the funds are showing in your paypal account balance even pending then its just a matter of waiting.

All in this link.

www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ3236/2/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a lot @kernowlass... One last question. I just wanna know if I understand the statement in the photo below:

I don't have to make progress in these requirements, right? if I don't, then I will just have to wait for 21 days or less before I can withdraw my oney, am I right?

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 10.11.48 AM.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drcustodio21

The longest you should wait is 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

thanks again! from your answer, I assume that I don't really have to follow Paypal instruction about completing the tasks 😄 

DR.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drcustodio21

No what they mean by that is once you have completed those requirements on future sales then the new seller hold will no longer be applied and you will get your money instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

drcustodio21
Contributor
Contributor

oh now that's better, I now understand. Thanks a lot woohoo! I believe I will not be able to complete those requirements ever, so I will have to wait for several days when my client is transferring me the money.

DR

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.