Fees for receiving money

GasparzinhoRW
New Community Member

Hi,

I received £20 for services I provided, but from this £0.98 was deducted. From what I could tell the deduction would have been £0.88 maximum with 3.4% (£0.68) + £0.20, or is my maths off?

Thanks for any help, new to using PayPal for receiving money. Although this seems a negligible amount I just want to be sure I understand the fee calculations for any future transactions.

Regards

Rob

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I make it the same as you but was it an international transaction when cross-border fees applied?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi GasparzinhoRW, 

I have also calculated this for you and it seems that your receiving fee for this transaction was 3.9% +0.20GBP. This would calculate at 0.98GBP. May I suggest that you review your cross border fees for more information. 

I hope this answers your post and thanks kernowlass for your post and assistance

Paula 

Login to Me Too

philcomm
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks PayPal_paula,

But why should we have to figure this out?

Can't PayPal just include in the transaction details how the fee was calculated??

I'm quite sure we are entitled to see this info, and then half the questions on here would be answered!!!

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too

barm
New Community Member

A £10 fee was deducted from the money i recieved?!

Why?!

@GasparzinhoRW wrote:

Hi,

I received £20 for services I provided, but from this £0.98 was deducted. From what I could tell the deduction would have been £0.88 maximum with 3.4% (£0.68) + £0.20, or is my maths off?

Thanks for any help, new to using PayPal for receiving money. Although this seems a negligible amount I just want to be sure I understand the fee calculations for any future transactions.

Regards

Rob

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What was the amount of the original payment.?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kitty-kath
New Community Member

I had a customer  send me 15 pound and I got a fee off 0.71p

What was the fee for??

I thought recieving money was free???

Login to Me Too

jubigala
New Community Member
I'm new to receiving money. I have been paid twice and on both occasions have been charged for receiving money. Both have been within the UK. £1.15 off of £28 and 0.54p off of £10. Can somebody explain why i am being charged - I thought it was free to receive money as a personal gift. Thanks in advance. Jubigala
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi All,

Welcome the New Members on the Community Forum!

Please find the link to detailed explanation of PayPal transaction fees:

PayPal UK fees breakdown

Hope it answers your posts.

Anna

Login to Me Too

ant73
Contributor
Contributor

Fees are getting unbelivable. I sell an item for 99p and get charged 23p from paypal. Plus ebay will want their 10%. 

Whats the point? Paypals and ebays greed has esculated through the roof over the years. 

Ebay started off pretty fair with their pricing several years ago, but now between the two of them they take a far bigger chunk of money than I think they deserve, and also ebays 10% includes the p+p fee... How crafty and hypocritcal when they used to knock sellers for making a bit on postage. Sheer greed! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.