Family and friend money transfer how discreet is it?

SunshineGAL1
New Community Member

I recently moved out of my family's home and due to issues between the family I did not give them my new address or tell them the town I live in. However to keep the peace since a younger sibling is still at home and I don't want them to be harassed to pay for someone else's financial problems I agreed to send money to my family every two weeks. I don't want my address getting out. and i can't send it to the sibling because the one parent is on his bank account and he still gets paper statements. how safe is pay pal money tranfer? does it show the receiver my address or zipcode and if this isn't the best way i set up a western union account but have the same question of how much of my information is actually going out. 

the money would have to be sent to the one parent the sibling lives with. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you send it friends / family then all that shows is your name and email address.

There is no need to send your address as they are not sellers needing it to send you goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MayanDove
New Community Member

Hi,

I hope it's alright to post in this persons post, I feel it's really similar to my concern.

I want to post to a person thats not a friend or family, I wish to send a donation to someone on their website.

Will they just recieve my name and email? Or do I have to hide phone numbers in options in the paypal site or something?

Sorry if this is an obvious thing but I can't find a clear answer when I've serached for it and the only thing I've used paypal for is ebay so far, and every transaction means giving over my address.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.