Exchanging money for cryptocurrencies or digital items

RamonM88
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I'm thinking about using paypal for that, a long time ago I sold a few digital items for a videogame and everything went smoothly. I understand that paypal can't really give me any guarantee on that.

I've come across forums where money is exchanged for bitcoin, digital items, gift card codes, etc... And I'm fully aware that they are filled with scammers so any transaction may be risky. And I'm also aware that paypal won't be able to guarantee that I do get my items/money on that and that's all on me and the other trader.

My question is, which problems may I have with paypal for doing that? I understand that my account can get limited once I move 2500€ (anually) through it. And that they will request me several verifications at 1800€. I've got no problem for that (I think they will probably ask me to email them a copy of my ID or something)

Will paypal ask me where exactly the money comes from? If so, how can I prove that it comes from digital trades? Should I ask the people who send me payments (It's usually done as friends and family to avoid chargebacks) some sort of ID?

Tell me everything you know about that, it would really help me to know if paypal is a valid option for those kinds of trades because with other payment methods everything would be way slower.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.