Escrow

mjames76
Contributor
Contributor

Does UK Paypal have a Escrow or holding service?
If so, how do we use it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjames76

If the phone has been blacklisted then it ''may'' be stolen?

If thats so why not get a police report and then open a dispute for item received but not as described via the resolve a problem link lower left of your paypal summary page.

Put in ALL the info you have, including the report if you get it. You have up to 180 days to file a dispute on paypal so there is no mad rush.

If paypal find in your favour they may not ask you to return it back to the seller but if they do then send it trackable when paypal tell you to and then you should get your refund when tracking shows the item as delivered.

So you are both protected in that you don't get a refund until he gets the phone back and tracking shows he has it back so then you are refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjames76

Paypal does not do escrow.

Read up on buyer or seller protection to find out how much protection you have.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mjames76
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Im struggling to find any information to assist me with the problem that i have, maybe you have an idea.

I bought a mobile from a user (not a shop) on ebay, they said that it was an unwanted upgrade, this was in August.

Approx a week ago it stopped working (only the voice) i found out that the handset has been blacklisted.

The user has offered to refund the purchase but wants handset back before transfer any funds, obviously i do not want the transaction to take place in this manor. 

Is there anyway way around this to suit us both?

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjames76

If the phone has been blacklisted then it ''may'' be stolen?

If thats so why not get a police report and then open a dispute for item received but not as described via the resolve a problem link lower left of your paypal summary page.

Put in ALL the info you have, including the report if you get it. You have up to 180 days to file a dispute on paypal so there is no mad rush.

If paypal find in your favour they may not ask you to return it back to the seller but if they do then send it trackable when paypal tell you to and then you should get your refund when tracking shows the item as delivered.

So you are both protected in that you don't get a refund until he gets the phone back and tracking shows he has it back so then you are refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.