Error message: 'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

sojmed
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to a friend with a paypal account from my paypal account. I get the message:

'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

What does this mean? Do I keep trying? Why can't paypal send my payment? Can I contact someone to find out what's going on?

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

dbraun2
Contributor
Contributor

And if none of those work? Then what? Kind of pointless using paypal if it cannot do the one thing it is designed for.

Login to Me Too

RedRabbit
New Community Member

I'm having a bit of a different error: 

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again. 

I want to regirster my debit card because I'm aware that I owe money, but it wont let it go through. Whenever I finish filling in my card information I get this error. 

I've already recieved a nasty letter asking for payment with a check to fill below, but I can only make minimum payments. 

Please help, I am trying to give the money back but I can't get it through. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi RedRabbit, 

I am sorry to hear that this is happening. Please note that other options to resolve the negative balance would be to add funds from your bank account or to receive a payment for the outstanding amount. Alternatively, you can call our team on 0208 6100 150 to resolve the balance over the phone. 

If you need additional help, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal so that we can follow up on this issue.

Thanks,

Jessica 

Login to Me Too

Cobwebs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also now getting this error message.

Have sent a message to Paypal on FB, and also spoken to Paypal UK who checkd my account and said there was no reason wny the money shouldn't have gone through. They also tried to send the money but got the same error message.

This is so frustrating. There's no reason why the payment shouldnt go through my account. Paypal really need to get this sorted out asap.

Login to Me Too

marjoriemay
Contributor
Contributor
I have problem i cant send my money said that cant send right now.what will i do?any help pls tnx
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi marjoriemay,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

It sounds like it could be our internal security system stopping your payment. When you make a payment using your PayPal account our internal security system reviews all payments. Sometimes if i feels that there may be a risk involved it will decline the payment.

I would recommend to try the payment again in a few hours.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

ryan2171
New Community Member

I am also getting this error message after my paypal was not allowing me to send payments for 4 days for security reasons now it won't let me send payments and gives this error message. Help?

Login to Me Too

exuppilot
Contributor
Contributor

We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now !!!

I'm verified (3 year + ago )  and have funds in my account ( not recent cleared months ago)

Trying to send £80 to a friend and i get    *We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now**

I have tried sending in smaller amounts eg £20 but get the same message !!

Really awkward as I owe money and want to pay my friend !!!!! 

HELP !!!!!!   

Login to Me Too

exuppilot
Contributor
Contributor

Ooooops ! 

Sorry Paypal my mistake !!!

I had the email address wrong !   But if your having trouble check you have every dot in the right place !

Login to Me Too

Dim12
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to a paypal account in bigcartel and I face the same problem!
"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now".
After I login in my account then i tried to send the money to the email of the shop, but log me out and ask me to log-in again... I can't send money in any way...

PLEASE, CAN ANYONE FROM PAYPAL HELP ME?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.