Error message: 'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

sojmed
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to a friend with a paypal account from my paypal account. I get the message:

'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

What does this mean? Do I keep trying? Why can't paypal send my payment? Can I contact someone to find out what's going on?

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

PayPal_Conor

Hi sojmed,

Just wondering if you managed to make that payment?

If not, please come back to us and let us know,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Vallan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, I just bought 6 books from Kobo (paid with paypal, no problems), now am trying to buy a measly $.90 item from eBay and it wont work, I don't want a "non payment" mark on my all positive feedback eBay account...I have tried a few times to pay for the item now and it just keeps giving me that error message...

Login to Me Too

sojmed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conor - yes I was able to make the payment, however there was no explanation of the problem. A simple 'Please try again later.' would have been helpful. Customers will assume that they are doing something wrong, or there is a major problem with their account.'

Login to Me Too

tjjacko
New Community Member
Having same message? Keep trying to send a payment for the last 3 days?
Login to Me Too

japsalonx
New Community Member

i am also facing the same problem

i am try to send payment to one of my friend from last night but still after 9hr continusly try i am gettig the same issue what should i do ?? suggest me someting ..

REGARDS..

Login to Me Too

Louise96
New Community Member

i have this problem aswel, im sending my freind money on paypal me and its saying"We can't send your payments right now. If the problem continues please contact Customer Service." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? will i ever be able to send money????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Louise96,

Welcome to our Community 🙂 

As we mentioned throughout this thread, we suspect our internal security model is stopping payments when you receive that particular error message.

Some things you can do to increase your chances of a successful payment is to make sure your account is fully verified and has both an active bank and card. It's also important that you're accessing your account from the one location, as travelling can cause our security system to be a little more sensitive.

If your account is verified and has active financials, I'd suggest reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter so we can troubleshoot this further though.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

I hope this advice helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

ambot

What if I do not have a bank account nor credit card linked to my account?  I was just planning on using my account to receive payments and then sending those payments to another paypal account.  Also my paypal account says that my "sending limit has been removed".

Login to Me Too

pist_off
Contributor
Contributor
I had to link a second account to get my funds back. PayPal is great at many things but not at helping you send money to friends. I spent many hours trying to send funds to my friend and gave up after two weeks. I could have walked to my friend in Florida and given her the funds and walked back and PayPal still wouldn't have figured out how that part of their business isn't running properly. Take your money elsewhere Ambot.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.