Error 3148

melgamil
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm not able to recieve payments to my Paypal account, the website that is sending the money said that there is an error in my paypal account and they received this error: "Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country"

error code 3148.

I have checked that i can receive money in Egypt. And i have linked my account with a valid credit card "MasterCard"  and Paypal withdrew 1.5 Eur from it and then refunded it to my paypal account.

Any advise?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Sophie

Hi melgamil,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this issue.

I have looked into this for you and can confirm that if your account is registered in Egypt, you should be able to receive money once you have added and confirmed a Visa card. At the moment, we do not have an agreement in place with MasterCard in relation to withdrawals.

Here'e some information which should help with explaining the process for receiving money to your account:

http://ow.ly/UyQIs

If you have any other questions, do let us know

Sophie

Login to Me Too

emazens
New Community Member

I have same Issue and Ihave both Visa card and mastercad linked to my account, Please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi emazens,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you also have a PayPal account in Egypt you made not have yet set up your account to receive money. To start this process you need to have a confirmed Visa card on your account which it seems you do and the select that Visa as your withdrawal source.

This is how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page. Through the cog symbol.
  3. Click 'Manage automatic transfer' under 'Selling Preferences.'
  4. Select the bank account or card you want to use and click 'Make Default'.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Lisandro1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

PayPal has denied the transfer to your account (reason code: 3148).
Your balance has been restored (minus the fees).what does it mean ?

please

what can I do

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Lisandro, 

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the delay. 

It is possible that you need to complete the steps listed by Rachael to make sure that your PayPal account is enabled to receive payments. Can you please give this a try?

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Suren
Contributor
Contributor

hello dear, transfer of money in account PayPal it is impossible, my Mastercard have already checked and is active, but everytime when I want to transfer money from upwork on PayPal to my mail I get a message error, that's such texts.

Here's how they look.

Hi Suren,

The reason the transfer has failed was due to this error:
IPN-Failed-090cf175af746 (reason: 3148 Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country)

Kindly check with Paypal and use the code as a reference to inquire about the issue and seek advise on how you can resolve the issue with them.

Login to Me Too

Suren
Contributor
Contributor

The reason the transfer has failed was due to this error:
IPN-Failed-090cf175af746 (reason: 3148 Receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country)

Login to Me Too

ivevil
Contributor
Contributor

I wrote to paypal support team twice to solve my problem, but both times they gave me an automatic response with useless Q&A.

I tried to transfer my money but the problem is code 3148... I googled it and it said my adress is wrong. The other answer is that in my country there are no paypal transfers.

In my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina) people are able to send and recieve money on paypal. My friend has the same card like me (VISA) and live in the same city like me and she can recieve money but I can't.

Can someone please help me?

EDIT: I found out where is the problem... It's my region, where I did not put anything. Now everything works.

Login to Me Too

dantosso
Contributor
Contributor

hello ivevil

i face the same probleme ,,, can you please explain more in details how you fixed it

i've been contacting the customer support for a week now and they still don't understand my probleme

thnaks for your help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.