Email notifications - have things changed

Vokesie
Contributor
Contributor

hi everyone

i use a third party selling app which I have used for the past 4 years i use a separate email address for payments and until recently all orders were received through this email. My primary email address was used for all non sales PayPal communications. Since last weekend the orders are being received through my primary email address and I have nearly missed a couple of orders

has anyone else noticed this?

has something recently changed to cause this, is there any way round to ensure the payment received notifications and general email communication can be kept separate both email address are confirmed

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

samuelwdm
New Community Member

Vokesie, I am having the exact same problem. It is causing many issues. I have three separate email addresses going to one primary account. Each email address is managed by a different member of my team. For the last 3 years, they've all received their own Payment Received emails so they can action their work. Now, everything is coming JUST to the primary email address for no apparent reason.

My old workaround at the moment is forwarding all the emails on to the appropriate people.

Did you figure anything out?

I emailed PayPal but have heard nothing yet.

Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

Payment Notification will always be sent to the email address/phone number used.

Payment Notification will only change if the method of payment was changed.

When I say method of payment i mean of course the email address. So for some reason either your listing or the email address provided for your items on sale is using the email address or your sender is using your primary email address to send the money.

Login to Me Too

Vokesie
Contributor
Contributor

Payment Notification will always be sent to the email address/phone number used.

Payment Notification will only change if the method of payment was changed.

When I say method of payment i mean of course the email address. So for some reason either your listing or the email address provided for your items on sale is using the email address or your sender is using your primary email address to send the money.

Sorry but nothing has changed I have checked my settings and all shops are still set to my "Orders" email address, yet I am only recieving emails through my Main email, 

Login to Me Too

Vokesie
Contributor
Contributor

sadly not and nothing from Paypal either 

Login to Me Too

Tam2
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem. All of a sudden all payment notification emails are going to my primary email address and not the secondary email address they were actually sent to. It started about 7th June. I was hoping it was a bug and would sort itself out but it's getting annoying now as it's hard to track payments.

The payment is being sent to the correct email address, and if I login to paypal the payment record coroberates it but the notification itself is being sent to the wrong email.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi everyone.

If you have been experiencing difficulties when receiving notification emails, you should try adding service@paypal.co.uk to your email address contacts and that should help with emails being received.

If you are still facing difficulties after doing this, can you please try checking your junk/spam folder on your email account to see if the emails are showing there.

If the emails are still not received, can you please try reaching out to us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Vokesie
Contributor
Contributor
David It's not that we are not receiving the emails it's the fact that some of us have a separate email account for PayPal when we receive money. I am a photographer so have set up Orders@MYWebsite all my notifications that I have received payment for images are received through this a address. My general email address is used for all other PayPal coms i.e forum replies, terms and Condition changes, promotion emails Since this update all emails are through the "general" email address, which considering the amount of other junk I receive it runs the risk of missing orders
Login to Me Too

Tam2
Contributor
Contributor

Hope I'm not speaking too soon but the email all came to the right address today!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.