Echeque help!!!

Kate_917
New Community Member
I bought my wedding dress on Sunday and for some reason the payment went through as an echeque which is absolutely infuriating! Especially as the seller canker her auction and accepted my offer as I told her I could pay right now!! I have never even heard of this before and am so so annoyed about this on so many levels. I contacted PayPal by phone, because the debit card showing in my account was an old one. I had made around 10-15 instant payments using PayPal since I had stopped using this old card so have no idea why this particular - and most important - transaction went as an echeque!! PayPal were useless, they cancelled the old card for me and added my new card as my primary card, however when I asked how could I get the echeque to clear she was stumped, put me on hold for ages then came back, told me to phone my bank, cancel the direct debit and ask the seller to cancel the payment at their end too. That was it - not how to make it CLEAR just how to cancel it!!! Very very annoying plus unsafe as the seller wasn't a merchant just a normal person so how could I even know she would cancel it?! If she didn't and the funds went it I her bank I wouldn't have a leg to stand on to claim it back!!!! Anyway, my main question I can't seem to find an answer to is, will the funds have left my bank instantly and be waiting to clear at her end, or will I need to keep funds in my bank because they'll be requested at a later date? I cannot state how very very angry I am that this has happened - with no warning!! Why on earth is there not a warning saying this payment is an echeque and will take 5 days to clear before sending it?! I would have found another way to pay!!! I now have no idea if the money has left my bank or not and if not when it will and looking on google it can take up to TWO WEEKS to clear, although the seller says it said 5 days on her PayPal account. This is my wedding dress and I went from being so so excited to so so angry, frustrated and terrified that something is going to go wrong and I won't get my dream dress at my bargain price!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

TELL YOUR SELLER TO DO THIS >>>

How to cancel an echeque.

Go to Account Overview > History > Find the relevant payment > Details > Cancel Payment under ‘Cancel this eCheque payment’ > Review the information and include a message to buyer > Cancel Payment.

The agent that told you to cancel your direct debit mandate is an idiot.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.