Ebay refund without Paypal account

subhashs1

I had purchased an item on Ebay and I had used Guest check out to pay. I didn't have a PayPal account when I made the purchase and I had used my debit card. 

I had to return my product to the seller because it did not match the one that was shown on Ebay and I received an email stating that the money was refunded to my PayPal account.

I opened a PayPal account after the refund was made and I added the debit card I had used to purchase the item to this account.

I still don't see the amount refunded in my PayPal account. I don't see it in my debit card either.

The refund was made on 02 Dec 2013.

1.How long does PayPal take to show this transaction on my PayPal account?

2.Are there any additional requirements I have to make to see my refund?

Can someone please help me with this? 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can you not read the post above yours???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

okIAGREE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Same problem, but the post above yours does not helps me.

Here how it appears in my Pay Pal account

PAYPAL BALANCE 1.00

Completed

DATE      NAME                   TYPE                                    GROSS           FEE          NET

AUG01   PAYPAL                REFUND                             +1.00                0.00           +1.00

JUL  31   NAME 1                REFUND  (PARTIALY)      +36.80              0.00            +36.80

JUL 31     NAME 3               REFUND                               +5.95                0.00            +5.95  

JUL 31     EBAY-NAME 3   PAYMENT                             -5.95                 0.00              -5.95

JUL 27    EBAY- NAME 2   PAYMENT RECEIVED       +6.25                0.41             +5.84

JUL 26    EBAY - NAME  1  PAYMENT                            -86.80               0.00             -86.80

DETAILES ABOUT NAME 1 

26 Jul 2015 Charge from Credit Card  CompletedYour transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.
 Details £86.80 GBP   
31 Jul 2015 Refund  Completed  ... £36.80 GBP   
31 Jul 2015 Credit to Credit Card  Completed  Details -£10.64 GBP 

Name:   Name 1      

Total amount:   £36.80 GBP Fee amount:   £0.00 GBP Net amount:   £36.80 GBP Refund:   £26.16 GBP to PayPal balance Refund:   £10.64 GBP to Visa/Delta/Electron Debit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX
This transaction will appear on your card statement as "PAYPAL *XXXXXX".

NAME 3 (THE CHARGE WAS FROM DEBIT CARD SO THE MONEY WILL RETURNED TO DEBIT CARD)  OK!

NAME 2 (PAYMENT WAS NOT RECEIVED FOR SOME REASON EVEN IF IT AS COMPLETE- THAT IS WHY NAME 3 WAS PAID BY DEBIT CARD)

NAME 1 (REFUND 26.16 TO PAYPAL BALANCE AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE TRANSACTION ABOVE & 10.64 TO DC)

So where is the money FROM NAME 1 AND NAME 2 ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lidia

Hello okIAGREE,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community.

When you make a payment with a card the money is refunded to the same card because this was the payment method used to fund the payment originally.
The refund should appear in your card account within 5-7 working days of the refund date but depending on your card issuer it could take as long as 30 days.

If some of the money is refunded to the card and the other part is refunded to the PayPal balance, is because the payment was originally funded by both methods, as we couldn’t charge the entire amount on the PayPal balance. 

In that case the money that was took from the balanced is refunded immediately and the money that was charged on your card should appear in the card account within 5-7 working days of the refund date but depending on your card issuer it could take as long as 30 days.

I hope this helps.

Lidia

Login to Me Too

okIAGREE
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Sorry but explaining the facts I already know about the card doesn't help a lot. I want to know about the instant refund on paypal. As you can see from my previous post there is an amounts that supposed to go to paypal instantly. But the y didn't. A sum which went to my card can take long I understand that but what about the sum which supposed to be refunded instantly to paypal? Is a delays on paypal possible even if it is a complete transfer? Please check what I posted before better. All the answers from moderators looks like copy--> paste. Thanks for understanding. Regards
Login to Me Too

Ronnie444
New Community Member

I am now in the same situation.  i bought something and paid with a debit card, next day the seller cancelled my order and issued a full refund, but I didn't have any paypal account at the time. So after that, I changed my email (as I couldn't use the old one for  paypal ) and made a new paypal account with the new email that is now in my ebay account information as well. But I am not sure now where exactly will I receive my refund? If they actually require me to have paypal on the email I had used for purchasing item, then it's not possible... I am afraid of that. Or should I just wait for the refund to come direclty to the bank card?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronnie444

If you paid with a card then a refund always go back to your card and not your paypal account balance.

You did not need to make a paypal account as even if you had had one the refund would not have gone back there as it would go directly back to your card.

With refunds it takes ''about'' a week to hit your card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.