Ebay refund without Paypal account

subhashs1

I had purchased an item on Ebay and I had used Guest check out to pay. I didn't have a PayPal account when I made the purchase and I had used my debit card. 

I had to return my product to the seller because it did not match the one that was shown on Ebay and I received an email stating that the money was refunded to my PayPal account.

I opened a PayPal account after the refund was made and I added the debit card I had used to purchase the item to this account.

I still don't see the amount refunded in my PayPal account. I don't see it in my debit card either.

The refund was made on 02 Dec 2013.

1.How long does PayPal take to show this transaction on my PayPal account?

2.Are there any additional requirements I have to make to see my refund?

Can someone please help me with this? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you didn't pay with your paypal account it will never show in there >>>>

However you don't need to worry as >>>

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

It will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you didn't pay with your paypal account it will never show in there >>>>

However you don't need to worry as >>>

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

It will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

subhashs1

That makes sense.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

raironhead
New Community Member

Same question and thank you for the solution. I guess I will be patient for a bit.

Login to Me Too

Hi.. I have the same situation, were you able to get the refund?  thank your for your time answering my querry.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Guys, It's not possible for us to discuss specific account information here. If the information provided above did not help your particular issue can you reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Allysonlobo1024
New Community Member
Did you ever see the refund on your bank account? The same thing just happened to me so I'm curious to see. Because I too don't have a paypal account and he refunded me the money to there.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As per my post above, if you did not use your paypal account and used a card it will go back to that card but can take a few days > up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Girlg
New Community Member
I have finally been refunded by a seller for a faulty item. On my PayPal account it says the payment is complete but no money is showing up .. Help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.