Ebay purchase. Credit card was charged through paypal but ebay cant detect it

starlonship
New Community Member

Hi

I have a very odd thing happen to me.

I was trying to buy a watch last thursday night through ebay.co.uk. I was going to pay for it by using my paypal account funds and the rest with my credit card.

In the checkout page, it lists correctly, the correct amounts to be charged from my credit card and the amount to be taken from my paypal account.

I click pay.

What then happened was, my credit card has now been charged through paypal. But my paypal accounts money itsels has not been touched. It is still there, it was not taken. My watch is now only 50% paid. 

Ebay.co.uk still says I have not paid and I need to still pay. It doesnt see that I have now paid a little over half with my credit card and for some weird reason the rest was not taken and is still in my paypal account.

I tried to contact paypal customer service through their contact form but have not yet received a response. They might have a lot of people before me in que but I would like to ask has this happened to anyone.

So in short: my credit card has been charged but ebay.co.uk did not charge my paypal accounts money. It should have taken that too so my purchase would have been complete. I need paypal to take the remaining sum of money from my paypal account, which has the money still in it sitting, that is required to complete the purchase and forward it to the seller. I have also messaged the seller about this situation so the seller knows the money is coming.

Thank you for any help if someone knows what to do.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

starlonship
New Community Member

I would like to add that I have put a message to PayPal through facebook just now too. Waiting to see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.