E-cheque?

daniellepayne
Contributor
Contributor
Have a question about e-cheque.. I am due to get paid tomorrow but dont have the funds in my account yet, can i still send a payment using e-cheque to a seller, will it be in their account immediately or will they have to wait for it to hit their account? I will have my wages in there by tomorrow but wanted to buy something on ebay quite fast as the item ive seen is cheap and i dont want to miss out on it. Another question, every time i go to send a payment is ALWAYS asks me to varify my device, i find this quite annoying, and i can no longer send payments for some reason it gets rejected. I have confirmed my bank, and my card.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daniellepayne

If you have a bank account AND a back up card linked to your paypal account then why would your payment go as an echeque?

It should be instantly credited to your seller if you have a back up card and paypal would wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

Is there any reason why you think it would be an echeque??

HOWEVER if when you pay there are no funds in your paypal balance then either the payment will fail OR your paypal account will go into negative and be limited until you pay paypal back again.

If you mean by being asked to verify your device that you are using your mobile app to send payments then you need to verify your phone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daniellepayne
Contributor
Contributor
My phone number is varified, yet every time i go to send a payment it says it doesnt recognise my device, when it is my device i always have to have either a text or phone call. Even when theyre meant to send a text with a code, i receive a text that says: PayPal: Are you trying to complete a purchase right now? Reply "1" if yes, "2" if no. Anyway, now when im trying to send money to someone it says: can’t send your payment at the moment. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal. What does this mean!?
Login to Me Too

daniellepayne
Contributor
Contributor
I ALWAYS get the security check when send money using my mobile. I wish paypal had a button on the bottom to get onto the classic site layout, although it is simple on the mobile site, it does lack in detail that the full look pc site gives you. Can anyone answer my questions???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.