Direct Debit

temp201807291e
New Community Member

I accidentally cancelled my PayPal direct debit and they tried to take the money from my account. It was declined and they used my credit card as a backup. I'm sure money has left my account and hasn't been transferred back. I've logged in and set up the direct debit again, but it takes a few days to go through. Is this correct?? As I now have to pay the money off my credit card without the original money in my account

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi badassbriant,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

If we attempted to take a transaction from your card which was declined, we would not normally have been able to debit the money from the card balance. However, if you're seeing the money taken from the card balance, it should be returned within a few days.

If you've set up the direct debit with your bank again, you can try sending the payment again if it's not completed. If the payment did show as completed and your PayPal balance became negative, you can transfer money from your bank to resolve this.

Hope this helps

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.