Depop transfer to PayPal

lailyunu
New Community Member
I've recently sold something on depop and I've received and email saying the buyer has paid and everything but it's not showing up in my paypal account? Can you tell why this is happening and what I need to do?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Conor

Hi Lailyunu,

Welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

I notice you haven't received a response to this post as of yet from one of our other members.

It sounds to me like the email address this payment was sent to is not added and confirmed to your PayPal account.

When this happens, PayPal has no way to locate the correct account to send the payment to, you see.

Another step you could take is to check that the email address you listed on Depop matches the email address listed on your PayPal account?

If the email addresses don't match, it might just explain way the payment is not visible. 

I hope this advice helps Lailyunu,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Olivajc
New Community Member
I have recently sold on item on depop for £25 and the payment fee of £2.50 has been taken out of my account by depop but the money off the buyer has not yet been put in to my account? All emails and other details match but no sign of my money? Any help would be appreciated, thank you 🙂
Login to Me Too

stefft610
New Community Member

Hello I am new to paypal and have the same problem.  I have the same problem. My emails did not match (the paypal one had a typo) but now they do match and I still do not have not recieved the payment. It is also not sitting in the uclaimed section. Please help. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi stefft610,

Welcome to our Community.

Oh no! If the email on your account doesn't match the email address the payment was sent to, your payment will go into an unclaimed status.

Please don't worry though.  

To solve this, you should just need to add and confirm the correct email address to your PayPal account. That way, the payment should come through as normal once this action is completed.

Why don't you give this a go for me by following these steps?

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Beside the email address you want to confirm, click Edit.
  4. Click Confirm this email and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address. 

Conor

Login to Me Too

Aliiced
New Community Member

Hi, 

I recently spent 110 pound/ AUS approx $240 through Depop as the Au BUYER, the seller is in the UK.

So on my Paypal, it said the payment cleared on the 14th May, 2016, but my UK seller says she has not received any indication in over three weeks of payment from Depop or Paypal, and I'm worried she will think I'M a scammer even though I have been sending her as much info as I can, and screenshots of my theoretically successful payment from my end.

Could there be a delay because of currency conversion? Is this the standard waiting time now, because I have used Depop for a couple of years and Paypal since It came out in Aus, and never had to wait this long as buyer or seller for a payment to transfer.

I have read below about ensuring the email address is correct, and have sent this to the UK seller to check.

The other thing is that, understandably, the UK seller will not post the item I've bought until they recieve the payment. Will it be the end of AUS winter before I recieve my coat?! I know I can't ask her to send the item when she hasn't been paid, but surely noone else is waiting a month before the item can even get to the post office, how can we trade online like that?

Is there any assurance I can offer the seller that its safe for her to send the item?

Thanks for your time! Aliiced.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from any of our members to date.

You question is very account specific and seems very strange that the seller has not received the payment. Can you reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook so we can have this looked into? You can Tweet @AskPayPal or send a message via https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

-David R

Login to Me Too

KirstenWinter
Contributor
Contributor
I've had a similar problem it says on depop and my email that the buyer has purchased my item however the money is not showing up in my PayPal account yet both my emails match on depop and PayPal I don't know what to do please help
Login to Me Too

bcpetchey
New Community Member

Hi did you manage to resolve this? If so how?

Login to Me Too

Badillo973
Contributor
Contributor
Both of the emails are correct and it says I’ve received it on my paypal but is not showing up on the paypal balance
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.