Default funding source and backup funding source for PayPal transactions

Felim_Doyle
Contributor
Contributor

This has been an ongoing issue for years!

It has just happened to me again with an eBay purchase. I selected PayPal as the payment method expecting to be taken to a PayPal screen where I could choose my funding source and confirm my payment. I now realise that there was an option on the eBay screen to change the funding source but it's not obvious and one expects this to be an option on a later PayPal confirmation screen but there isn't one, it's too late!

The transaction went through as follows:-

Funding source: Bank account
Funding Source: -£7.95 GBP - <My Bank> ending in x-XXXX

Backup funding source: <My Credit/Debit Card Company> ending in x-YYYY

Neither of these are my preferred funding sources and the backup appears to have been randomly chosen as the last card that I added to my account yesterday!

There needs to be an option to have no default to avoid mistakes and options to explicitly set a default, only if required, and a backup, only if required, rather than the current situation whereby PayPal assumes a bank account and, apparently, does not always use the balance in the PayPal account as some users have reported.

I don't think that it is too much of an exaggeration to say that every PayPal user wants these changes implemented now!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.