Charged and refunded three times for the same item

tyler_j1
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something on eBay for $305 but something went wrong with the listing resulting in a refund, which went through with no problems. A few days later, I received an email from PayPal that said my bank account rejected a payment of $305 but would try again in three days. I called my bank that told me the site had been under maintenance all weekend causing delays for notifications, and I would not be charged again. The next day there was a charge for $305 AGAIN with a refund processing. This morning I woke up to another rejected funds email from PayPal for $305. This time, when I look in my PayPal activity, it says all transfers are complete. So can someone please explain to me what's going on. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi tyler_j1,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like there was an automatic attempt to take the funds from your bank again after the initial attempt was declined. When a transfer from your bank fails, there will always be a second attempt to take the money, so we would advise ensuring there are sufficient funds available when making a payment.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and do let us know if you have any other questions at all 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.