Change default credit card

katebull
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am wanting to change the default credit card I use for services in paypal?

Is this possible>

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How do I add or remove a debit/credit card?

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
    ◦ To add a card: Click Add a card. Select the card type, enter the required details and click Save.
    ◦ To remove a card: Select the card you want to remove, click Edit and then click Remove Card.

If you're trying to remove a card that's the back-up funding source for a PayPal payment that's currently processing, you won’t be able to remove it until the payment completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pagw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm also interested in the answer to the OP's question, which I think was how do you *change the default* card (when you have several), not how do you add and remove cards - do you or anyone else know how to do this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to wallet top of paypal account > Click Update beside Credit and debit cards. Click Edit next to the card you want to make your primary card. Select Make primary card under Edit credit card information.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Pagw
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the buttons/links you refer to on my "Wallet" page - there are just icons for my different cards. If I select a card and then "Edit card details", there is no option to make the card my primary card.

Login to Me Too

CrozeH
New Community Member

I found this impossible to do in the new layouts. The suggested screen options just aren't there.

I went back to the classic layout and found it quite strightforward there (so long live the classic layout - it works so don't fix it)

From the 'Wallet' page, bottom left hand corner 'Classic Site' > 'My Money' > 'Update'

Select the card you want as default and 'Edit' > 'Make card primary'  and save 

Note that if the CSC is not entered then the page is incomplete and the primary flag will drop out again.

Login to Me Too

Pagw
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much! Hopefully that's solved it.

Login to Me Too

haongz
New Community Member

Simple, after loged in, go to: https://www.paypal.com/creditcard

And then, Make primary beside the card would like to make primary.

Cheer!

ps: read more: https://www.paypal.com/vn/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-designate-a-primary-credit-or-debit-card-FAQ1133...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haongz

You are answering a post over a year old.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

macsco
Contributor
Contributor

There are still bods looking at this hread for years, google brings it up.

The problem is that Paypal change the website and any answer is void.

I have spent 30 minutes tring to change my DEFAULT credit card, and failed.

How about putting an updated answer, instead of mentioning its an old post.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.