maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Temp20230526EC
New Community Member

Just wondering if this problem was ever resolved. Id like to change my PayPal.me url name, but cannot find where this is possible. Please send help.

-Will

Login to Me Too

Pamb112
New Community Member
I'd like to do this too...
Login to Me Too

Corriv
Contributor
Contributor
Boooooooooooo
Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

It's almost 2018, why isn't this fixed yet?

We shouldn't have to remove our entire paypal account, and create a new one with a different email just to change our .me link. This is rediculous and makes me want to look for other options because paypal obviously doesn't care about it's users if it takes this long to fix something so broken.

Simply put, if something like this requires me to delete my paypal account to change, why would I use paypal again? I'll find something else that actually works.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi All, 

I understand that having to do this may be frustrating, I will pass on the feedback on this to the relevant teams. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

rioreason
Contributor
Contributor

I’d just like to add an upvote to this, with one additional request: to be able to set multiple links.  A minimum of 2 or 3 would be reasonable.  I currently have mine set as my business name, but would like to either have an additional link for my freelance work, or at the very least be able to change it to my name.

This is very important for businesses.  As an extremely successful business with a beautiful and intuitive UI, surely you understand that presentation is everything.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

FC63
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't realize I was only allowed to have one PayPal.me account nor that I would NEVER be able to edit the account name or change it!

This is ridiculous.  I can't tell you how mad I am at not being allowed to edit or change my name.  I assumed that I would have those options.  I called and the customer service rep wasn't even nice.  I was told I could open another account.  Why?  I don't want to do that, I have one account, and that is all I need!  This is infuriating beyond belief.  Let me pay for different name if it is that complicated!

Login to Me Too

oldmandancing
New Community Member

That's pretty ridiculous that we can't change it. 

Login to Me Too

Neighborly
New Community Member
I too need this since I ended up making my personal account my business account but my want URL under biz and not personal name.
Login to Me Too

DJ_Pasuta

Hi,

I would suggest that not just should we have the option to change the PayPal.Me link but to also have the freedom to create subdomains or campaigns with this. Say in fcmpglead's case, a fundraiser would be for various purposes, and it could go well beyond just school activities into the working world.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.