Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Ammalgam
New Community Member

YES!!! I need this feature right now!

This should not be a difficult technical fix.

Login to Me Too

Yetisasquatch
Contributor
Contributor

+1

I agree there should be a feature where you could edit the url or atleast delete it so you may create a new one. I only see the option to deactivate...is there a way to delete that I do not know about?

Login to Me Too

Kingoftreno
New Community Member

+1 on the need to change PayPal.me links.

I thought you were allowed more than one, so I made one for a very specific event, not my account is stuck with that event name as my paypal.me link.

They give the option to switch between goods and services, and friends and family, but not change the URL? 

This is super simple! Come on paypal!

Login to Me Too

BHANCOCK
New Community Member

+1

Fell into the same trap. I created the link to collect payments for a specific event (my link is ******-Fall2016)... not realizing you only got one and couldn't remove it. I'm a software developer and this is a poor UX that really shouldn't be that difficult to fix... 

Login to Me Too

bwalan
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I created a link for a 60th b-day not realizing it was a permanent link. Can you let us delete it. Wait a few days and create a new one ?

Please ?

Login to Me Too

kkreed527
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal-

If you actually allow users to modify their paypal.me, you will likely encourage people to use paypal even more.

With this discrepancy, you are doing the opposite and losing possible Paypal profit. 

Fix it already! I work directly with software developers building software, and they all agree its likely a  quick fix. Take the time to figure it out. YOUR losing money. There is your justification. 

If your worried about possible paypal.me mix ups with funds, don't allow people to create  paypal. me letter/number combinations already used. There! Fix it. 

Login to Me Too

PurpleMutant
Contributor
Contributor

Add me to the list of people who want this. I created a paypal.me associated with my previous twitter ID. I want to change my paypal.me. It would also be nice if I could have a paypal.me that didn't have my real name attached to it. I would love to be able to recive anonymous donations.

Login to Me Too

spirius
Contributor
Contributor

Same request for me too.

It's a fundamental fonction!

Login to Me Too

Saleem-Juma
New Community Member

Please fix this issue, I can't even believe there is no warning or a notice that it would be permenent..

Login to Me Too

kurbads
Contributor
Contributor

I have two businesses and two emails connected to my PayPal account. How do I send two different links to my customers? Do I have to use my computer components link for health suppliments?

Or should I open another PayPal account? Can you do that?

David

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.