maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

CarrieBennett

@PayPal_Siobhan2

I am really truly disgusted that your reply, as a moderator, doesnt even address the issue that the user had. OBVIOUSLY you didnt even read or understand the issue...... the least you could do is read and understand the frustration that we all are dealing with..... and why is it impossible to change the paypal.me link?? come on! this is 2017! 

Login to Me Too

ARTFX
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry but that post is rediculous! You haven't even read the topic otherwise you wouldn't have posted that generic copy-paste response. We are in the need of CHANGING our Paypal.me URL!! Every big website offers you to change your URL or username, yet PayPal can't implement a little feature to change your URL.

Reason for the change is I completely rebranded my business with a new name, but now I'm stuck with an old PayPal.me URL that doesn't represent the right name. How hard can it be to allow us to change our URL?

I've been doing business using PayPal for more than 8 years, but this makes me absolutely furious. Then again if there would be proper support then no issue it would be fine, but there is no proper support! Instead some copy-paste response to a very legitimate question that by now has been backed by more than 200 people. FIX IT PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Siobhan2 that reply is completely unacceptable. As others have stated, you obviously did not read the question. We want to CHANGE our .me Url. Currently the only way to do this is to close our entire paypal account. And start up a brand new one under a different email address. This issue has been unresolved for FAR too long. And your response now frankly makes many of us seriously question if we should continue doing business through paypal. This is a critical issue, it's blocking users from being able to use the feature at all. And if your reply is the kind of technical support we're going to get from PayPal, then I think it's time we find an alternative. https://www.producthunt.com/alternatives/paypal-me-2

Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_paula thank you for your reply (Page 5 of this forum - ‎Oct-04-2017 05:45 AM). Is there any update, is this issue on the developer's backlog?

Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_DavidR yes, we know. How's about passing this up the chain to have something done about it, rather then just giving us this lazy response.

Login to Me Too

light444
Contributor
Contributor

yes I think paypal should give the consumers a leverage to change the .Me url as long as its linked to their account

Even I want this - coz while trying i just chose a random one, and now I wan it to look more presentable 😛

Login to Me Too

ARTFX
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently emailing with PayPal about the issue and after a clear request for an URL change (with good arguments as to why this should be possible) they refused to help me. Every other platform I use gives me the ability to change my URL or username, plus we live in a digital age where changes happen all the time, so in my opinion the fact that PayPal lacks such a feature is something they're failing at considerably.

I'm actually looking into doing more, because this might actually hurt me as a musician right now. My donation link is not representing the artist name I use as a musician, meaning that fans might decide to not donate because they think it's not the right page. This in itself is something PayPal should be scratching their heads about, because I'm pretty sure this is not the result they were looking for. And it's not like implementing this feature is such a hard task, I could even hook PayPal up with a programmer who could write the change for them with ease. So don't come at us with "This is not possible", because it clearly is, you from PayPal are just refusing a legitimate request of your users.

I'm lucky to be in the position that I have quite some influence in the music production industry and I run a YouTube channel followed by more than 50.000 musicians worldwide. Musicians care a lot about branding and how they present themselves across social media, so I think everybody will be more than interested to hear about how PayPal refuses to help people in this case. Heck, it might even warn some people about it so they think wisely about their URL (and artist name or company name, because if you end up rebranding those, you'll be stuck with an old URL, like me...)

Let's put a stop to this guys and let's show PayPal it's time they start listening to their users!

Login to Me Too

Mugen4

It's very sad that they don't solve this problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi everyone, 

I can understand why you may not be happy with this and please understand that we cannot change this here for yous however be assured that we have passed your feedback regarding this on to the relevant teams. 

We are always changing and updating things on PayPal so this may be something that will change in the future. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

djykstra
Contributor
Contributor

hi paula,
make it simple, lets all relevant chief of teams talk here. as customer, i like to hear pro n cons explanation of this.

actually i just afraid what happened if 'change paypal.me url' not possible right now ( asap ).
why? because customers need this feature. experienced customers which not only pay, but receive too. highly possibilities to upgrade to business account when satisfied. probably some of them run business already and looking extended payment gateway.

on customers view, is there any way out if you can not 'change paypal.me url'?
1. yes, a person limited to 2 paypal accounts. but as far as unique email registered, they probably create 50 accounts, each with paypal.me url as they want. playing cops n thieves is not good. big effort to clean it up.
or
2. delete existing account, recreate under same email, set wanted paypal.me url. i dont know if it possible. probably system save-restore profiles and this method useless.

after all, whatever customers choose, the "big data" become bigger for 1 reason. unless they leave for paypal-like alternative.

regards,
dw

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.