Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Vics26
Contributor
Contributor

This business decision (surely it's technically possible to change url link) is forcing me to consider using only Square Cash, which allows its users to change their cash tag names, which is similar in function to paypal.me link. I can't believe in 2017 a company like PayPal doesn't consider a use case where their customers would like to have their link changed. Please reconsider this business decision and make the technical changes. It will likely improve your bottom line based on the complaints here.

Login to Me Too

veracologne
New Community Member

Just to add another voice: I have just created a paypal.me link thinking it would be meant for one purpose and then I could change it. It might have said otherwise somewhere but it wasn't obvious to me. I now have hidden the link 2 minutes after creating it because I cannot use it. That just sucks. 

Please consider this problem as it seems a lot of users have run into this. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I'm afraid it is not possible to change your PayPal.me URL.

-David R

Login to Me Too

tmiland
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i need to change the link too, i quit my business and went back to a personal account, but the name of the business is in the link, and i need to set it to my personal name.

Regards,
Tommy

Login to Me Too

MLoli
New Community Member

Will be available in the future?

Lot of people needs to edit their URL username.

Login to Me Too

AudiITA
New Community Member

It's incredible that this feature, at this time after more than two years and a lot of people asked for it, has not yet been implemented!

Login to Me Too

deepybee
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is really frustrating. Having discovered the hard way that a Paypal account cannot be moved to another country and thus having had to create an entirely new / separate account having emigrated, now I can't unlink the Paypal.Me link from my old account in a country I no longer live in to make life easier either!

Both of these issues seem like pretty useful and commonly requested features which seem odd for Paypal to not have.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community forum and welcome deepybee as a new member!

Once you've created your PayPal.Me link, you won't be able to delete it. If you want to disable your PayPal.Me account, you can do so by logging in to your PayPal.Me account and selecting "Disable account." This will hide your PayPal.Me page and prevent other people from sending you money through it. However, your selected PayPal.Me link will remain associated with your PayPal account and will not be available for others to use.

You can always reactivate your PayPal.Me account by typing your personalized link into a browser and logging in to manage your page. Once you reactivate your PayPal.Me account, your personalized PayPal.Me link will be re-activated.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

tmiland
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Siobhan2

We know that already. This is about the ability to CHANGE the link. 

I have my old company name in the link, and i no longer have the company, and i have gone back to a private account from a business account, but yet i am stuck with the company name in the link.. How hard could it be to implement this option?

Asking for money with a company name that doesn't exist, doesn't look honest if you ask me.

Just make it happen! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Gil3x
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Siobhan2

Answers of this level without getting acquainted with the reasons for the creation of the topic and specific requests from customers - are not informative or helpful, and unprofessional.

Could you give clear answer and report to paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/Change-PayPal-me-Url/m-p/1210208#M39909

Instead of copypasting obvious information - contact the support department and report the customers' request.

If you do not have the desire / time to do that - pass by.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.