Cannot log in with PayPal pop-up

Cyprys
Contributor
Contributor

I can log into PayPal on the main website just fine but when I try to pay for something from another website a pop-up comes up asking me to log into PayPal and when I try it keeps saying that either my email or password is wrong when I know for a fact that the email and password I have typed in is correct.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Anna

Hi Cyprys,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this L It’s very unusual.

Have you tried clearing cash & cookies or changing the web browser?

If that won’t help, you can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK providing details as: web browser you use, screen-shots of the error message and the URL of the page as we will need to escalate the situation to our Technical Support.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Cyprys
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anna, thanks for your reply.

I have indeed tried both of those solutions prior to posting this but I have since figured out the issue.

The issue was that I had security key enabled  and the pop-up did not allow me to provide a seciruty key so not thay anything was wrong, it just was not logging me in because it needed a security key to do so and it didn't let me provide one. However, I was able to log in fine after I temporary disabled the security key.

Perhaps the site was using old pop-up technology and needs an update?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.