Cannot enter amount to send money

Janeysk
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to send money to my mother in England. When I go to send money and select my mother as the recipient, it will not let me enter an amount to send. It is just stuck on zero.

Thanks,

Jane

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

j9brennan

I too would like to give a huge thanks to laptwo!  This was driving me nuts and the CS agent, while nice, had no idea, and also wanted me to clear my cookies (I knew it would not work and it did not).  Bad user experience that you cannot change the amount or backspace!  It is not intuitive at all that you need to enter the amount AFTER the $0.00.  

Thank you laptwo and thank god for Forums!

Login to Me Too

stenguns
New Community Member

Thanks for the tip! I started typing at the last zero where the cursor was blinking and my money request went through. Seems like PAYPAL could come up with a better way to enter the payment amount instead of a stupid blinking $0.00! Also seems that the people at PAYPAL should know this and stop giving out useless canned answers like "clear the cash [sic]" or "delete the cookies" or "try IE or Firefox". Get with the program PAYPAL! And learn how to spell....CACHE! We already know how good PAYPAL is at cleaning out our CASH!

Login to Me Too

LK1000
New Community Member

Thank you!  This was driving me crazy.  Not intuitive at all.

Login to Me Too

Hattibear

Hi,

Found that by going to SHOPPING tab (at top of page) then TRANSFER it worked reliably.

SOLUTION - Just tried Laptwo's idea and it works also! (missed it when reading yesterday)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.