Cannot enter amount to send money

Janeysk
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to send money to my mother in England. When I go to send money and select my mother as the recipient, it will not let me enter an amount to send. It is just stuck on zero.

Thanks,

Jane

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Dian

Hi Jane, 

Thank you for posting your question here in our Community.

I am afraid that we can only provide general information on our community and as your question is account specific I would advise to contact us so we can help. Just click 'contact' at the bottom of a PayPal page to get our number. You can also contact us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Dian

Login to Me Too

mrtriggerfinger
New Community Member

Same problem here on Safari.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi mrtriggerfinger,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenge with sending a payment.

Have you tried clearing cash & cookies and possibly changing the web browser to IE or FireFox?

If you need further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review the situation and advise the best course of action.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

KevinS1729
New Community Member

I found the same problem.  If you go through the Money/Send Money/Send money to friends and family path, you come to a large, friendly, useless field which will not accept keyboard commands.  If you go through the Tools/Send Money path, you'll come to a window with fields which you can use.

This behaviour was the same in both Safari and Opera.  I'm using an iMac with Yosemite OS10.10.5.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there KevinS1729.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing recently when trying to send a payment through your account.

Can you please try clearing your cache & cookies on the device that you are using and then try this again on a different browser to see if that helps?

If you are still experiencing difficulties after trying this on your account, can you please try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you?

David.

Login to Me Too

SW67
Contributor
Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem.   I have tried Safari and Firefox on three different computers.  I emailed Paypal help 2 days ago and have not had a reply. getting desperate now!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi SW67,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear about this.  

If you are experiencing challenges with PayPal website, usually clearing cash & cookies or changing the web browser to e.g. IE or FireFox helps. You may also consider trying another device.

If the issue continues, please remember that the seller can provide you with an invoice which will help in this situation.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

laptwo
New Community Member

This was driving me crazy per the original post.  In case someone else comes to this thread through a search as I did, I believe this is what's going on and how to solve the issue.

On Firefox when I attempted to send money, after entering the recipient's email I would get to a screen that seemed to be stuck on $0.00 for the payment amount with no way to enter an amount.  I would click on the amount and nothing happened, there is no box in which to enter a payment amount.

Finally I entered an amount of money by clicking the cursor to be just to the right of the last 0 in "$0.00" and then typing the amount of money to be sent, and it worked. Do not try to delete the 0.00 characters, just start typing.

Later I tried using the Chrome browser, it was a similar scenario, no box in which to enter the payment amount, but it did allow me to highlight the "$0.00" and then type an amount, whereas Firefox did not allow me to highlight the amount.

There is nothing that I can find in any help file or anywhere else online that addresses specifically how to enter the amount of money to be sent, and this is not at all clear on the payment screen.

It took me about 45 minutes to figure all this out, it does seem that a better more intuitive design fix is needed.  It would be nice if the PP moderators would provide something other than a canned answer like "clear cache & cookies" which doesn't solve this issue.  They gave the same answer 3 times.

Login to Me Too

rootpi
New Community Member

This was very frustrating, and absolutely no help from the admins / moderators / paypal staff - quite disappointing. Obviously we are not the only ones having this trouble (I too tried multiple browsers on multiple computers and had the same issue). I want to thank "laptwo" for suggesting a solution that worked for me as well. Someone earlier in the thread had suggesting going via the "Tools" option but I didn't see how to do that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.