Cancelled payment

smoran
Contributor
Contributor

I recently send my friend money but it had the pending status and the link to accept the transfer would not work so I cancelled the payment. However I had cancelled my Debit card before the payment was cancelled so the money is refunded to my cancelled card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi smoran,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Due to banking regulations a refund of a payment must be sent to the card from which the payment originated. Even when it has been cancelled or has expired, the refund is returned to your card and will be handled by your card issuer.

To receive your refund, please contact your card issuer and ask them to locate the refunded amount and to deposit it in the account of your debit card. In most cases they will have no problem transferring the money to the new version of the card but it might take a little longer. If they are unable to transfer the money and do not accept the refund it will be returned to your PayPal account and added to your available balance.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.