Cancelled Direct Debit, can't fix it - PLEASE HELP

eveum
New Community Member
I have accidentally cancelled my paypal direct debit with my bank account. Now I have no way of using paypal. I received this email:

Your bank has let us know that there isn't a valid Direct Debit Instruction set up between PayPal and your bank account ending in xxxx. This means that you won't be able to use this bank account to fund any PayPal payments, but you may still withdraw money to it.

"How to make future payments with PayPal"

To use your bank account ending in to fund any future payments with PayPal, you'll need to re-submit the Direct Debit Instruction. To do this, log in to your PayPal account at 
and follow the instructions provided in the 'To Do' box.

Otherwise, you can use a card to fund your PayPal payments. To add a card, go to 'Profile' and then click 'My Money'.

If you already have a card linked to your PayPal account, we'll use it to fund your future payments.  

This is useless. The instructions don't apply to the new website design and there is no "to do" box on the new website so these instructions are no help at all. On the new website I have tried going to wallet, and then clicking on my bank account, it says "needs approval" on it, so I click on this and my bank details come up, click on "Direct Debit instruction: complete setup" this takes me to a new page where I click on submit instruction. It then shows me my bank details again but this time it says "status:confirmed". I then refresh the page and yet again it tells me that my bank needs approval. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing here. I have tried this again and again and nothing is even happening. I can't even delete the bank account and start again, all it's saying is Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later. I am beyond frustrated especially because I spelled out the problem to "customer service" and all I got was an automated response.

I have just won an ebay auction and now I have no way to pay for it. Customer service are no help at all. Please help someone 😞
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Please be aware that the community forum is a member to member help group - we are not customer support.  Issues such as this unfortunately cannot be resolved here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why don't you just add a debit or credit card instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.