Can't receive payment pending. Why?

MrsCGREEN

Hello, am hoping someone can help me.

A private individual paid me yesterday for a book. I simply messaged and said, please send money via paypal and gave my email address (sorry, am new to this). I did not send a official request/ invoice.  They say they made payment and it is 'pending'. I can't see any details of this payment being pending anywhere on my account. Why? How do I release the payment? Is there something I need to do?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrsCGREEN

If it was pending on your paypal account then it would show as pending in your paypal balance.

The fact it is not sounds as if it may be an email problem. Did you send them your paypal email address and did you make sure there were no typos in it?

If so then double check with them that they did not make a typo.

Also ask them what it says next to pending on their paypal account, is there the word unclaimed and if so is there a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrsCGREEN

If it was pending on your paypal account then it would show as pending in your paypal balance.

The fact it is not sounds as if it may be an email problem. Did you send them your paypal email address and did you make sure there were no typos in it?

If so then double check with them that they did not make a typo.

Also ask them what it says next to pending on their paypal account, is there the word unclaimed and if so is there a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrsCGREEN

Thank you for your response. It turns out there was a typo in the email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.